Saturday, February 12, 2011

Twiten

As most of you read a few days ago I posted that Tristan had signed, "I love you" to Zac and I. It melted our hearts. He didn't do the exactly sign but it was his version of it. I am so glad we decided to teach Tristan Sign Language. It is so awesome to be able to communicate with him and eliminate some of the frustration that comes from not being able to communicate with our little ones. Tris also signs on a daily basis, that he wants food, milk, hi, bye, sleep, change diaper, dog and we are currently working on thank you and please. He is very bright and is catching on quickly. Tris is also very, very close to begin talking. He says, "Hi, hot, mama, dada, and ball" clearly and he says his own versions of book, button, kitty, Tristan, and whats that. He rambles on and on to himself sometimes and I swear I hear him say full sentences. We have pictures of Tristan all over our house and he runs around and points to them and says ,"Twiten''. Took us a few weeks to realize what he ways saying.

I enjoy each and every moment with Tristan. Yes he keeps me up at night and never sleeps in and needs me to lay with him when he goes down and screams when I'm to slow at getting him his bottle and kicks me when I'm down (funny story) but when he smiles at me or laughs at me when I stub my toe, my whole world just stops and melts away. God I love this kid!!

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see a post about "HOW" you teach him to sign. I think it would be great for us moms with wee little ones.
    And every mom, big and small, plain and tall or special and short has good advice to share.
    We're all in this together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go Jayna! Look under Baby Sign Language Basics!

    ReplyDelete