Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's been a week . . .

I am still alive and I am still doing Weight Watchers! Yes! Sorry I haven't been on here in an entire week! Oh how my days just fly by. I am feeling very over whelmed right now. More then anyone knows. I feel like I am near my breaking point. I need a break. I need some me time. I might be over whelming myself with things to do, but if I'm not busy doing something I feel lazy and I don't want to be that. I am talking 4 classes at school, I am at school 4 days a week and doing homework 6 days a week. Then I have sweet, cute, little Tristan who is wonderful but a huge ball of energy. Then I have the house and this and that, god it sounds like I am complaining. I must stop.

I am doing really good on my watching my points. I haven't really made any new things. But tonight I am thinking about making Spaghetti with a tomato-meat sauce. I have been craving spaghetti for a while now. Oh! I lied! I did try a new recipe!  Its called Lemon Chicken and Broccoli. It was very tasty. The only thing is, is the the recipe said that the broccoli should be "crisp" and mine was totally soggy, almost to soggy to eat. But besides that it was really good. Everyone liked it!




585 people rated this recipe
Course: main meals
PointsPlus™ Value:    4
Servings:  4
Preparation Time:  10 min
Cooking Time:  10 min
Level of Difficulty:  Easy
 
An easy weeknight dinner. Great with a side of angel hair pasta, rice or couscous.         

Ingredients

2 Tbsp all-purpose flour   
1/2 tsp table salt, divided   
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground   
  12 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced   
2 tsp olive oil   
  1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided   
2 tsp minced garlic   
  2 1/2 cup(s) broccoli, small florets   
2 tsp lemon zest, or more to taste   
2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped   
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice      

Instructions

  • On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
  • Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
  • Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
  • In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
  • Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
  • Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.



















2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! This sounds great. I picked up the weight watchers cookbook a couple days ago and they have some great recipes.
    My broccoli always gets mushy too. I've started cooking mine for no more than 5 minutes just to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really tastey meal. Keep up the good work. Hang in there. I understand how life may be overwhelming you at the moment, but try to keep your goals always in front of you. Your diligence will pay off. You are making a better life for you and Tristan and Zac and so it is all worth it. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. You are not alone. You have a great support group. Love you lots and I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete